Vounteer Your Skill. Be a Part of Our Team!
Proverbs 31 Woman started as a simple Christian blog driven by our Founder’s vision towards bringing young wives and moms closer to God through blogging. Since 5 months after inception, the blog has been quickly developing into an established source of strength and inspiration for many women from around the globe. The website draws thousands of visitors each month, and holds a strong Facebook presence.
Proverbs 31 Woman is growing from ‘just blogging’ to equipping women and building a community that also offers discipleship — both online and offline. It shows no signs of stopping its mission to take advantage of new media in reaching out, building community and spreading the Good News through the new digital landscape.
As we continue to grow and consistently seek to reach greater heights, we’re in need of some more helping hands. We’re currently looking for Christian digital marketer volunteers (women) in the following roles:
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Marketer
- Community Marketer
- Email Marketer
- Regular Writers
These are unpaid positions but here are what’s in store for you.
Personal and professional growth: As part of volunteering with Proverbs 31 Woman, you’ll be part of a dynamic ever-growing, ever-learning productive, Christian family. You’ll gain insights on some of the major challenges that ministries such as ours face, and you’ll be part of the ups and downs of running an online ministry.
Training: We want our volunteers to come out from the experience with as much learning and skills that they can. Therefore, we commit to share each other’s expertise, train each other to improve and add to your current skill set and stand you in good stead for your current or future work.
We are also happy to provide you a reference upon successful completion of 6 months working with us.
Reward: We believe that this is an opportunity that will allow you to impact the fulfillment of the Great Commission. When you volunteer your time and skills for our ministry, you will be able to help change lives, spread the Good News and change the world.
Flexibility: You have the freedom to work how you want, where you want. We focus on results.
Which role do you fit?
General Qualifications for all our volunteers:
- You are a Christian woman.
- You share Proverbs 31 Woman’s mission and vision
- You are a proactive learner and have an extremely positive attitude
- You have strong work ethic – sincerity, professionalism, and responsibility
- You will be included in our Wednesday prayer group – either online or offline
- We would only consider those who can commit 1-2 days a week (Flexitime)
We are seeking an artist to own the creation and maintenance of both our marketing assets and content created to support our marketing goals.
- Collaborate with the team to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, etc).
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your eye for great design.
- You are creative and you are passionate about designing.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or similar technologies (We require work samples for this position.)
- You can create assets that are mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
Social Media Marketer
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? We’re looking for a social media marketer to manage our social media accounts and build our digital audience.
- Build and manage our social media accounts and presence.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our mission and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our website, both from our audience and partners.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success
- Active and well-rounded personal presence at least in Facebook and Twitter, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Experience in Facebook Advertising
Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? Words like “growth” and “engage” are big keywords for this role.
- Plan and organize our weekly prayer group -offline and online.
- Keep everyone informed of prayer requests received via website.
- Link Building through comments and forums
- Knowledge of Google Hangouts.
- Preferably a small group leader.
- Preferably with knowledge in SEO and link building
Do you have a knack for getting the right emails into the right inboxes at the right times? Do you live to see those open and clickthrough rates climb higher and higher?
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Measure results and work to minimize unsubscribes
- Experience in email marketing and using Mailchimp
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
We are seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our blogging team. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of Christianity, and experience in blogging to achieve our mission.
- One quality article per month.
- Write with personal anecdote that connects to a timely hook to your experience or someone else’s story
- Write with faith angle, so that our reader walks away better equipped to think Christianly about her world.
- Participate in Blog Comments
- We require unpublished article submissions for this role.
- Impeccable grammar.
Do you think you’re a great fit? Then join our dynamic team of volunteers, please send your CV to email@example.com and use “Application for Volunteer Work” as email subject.