This meal is another recipe from Feed 5000‘s Chef Len Santos-Ding, taught during this Jeunesse event last July. Thanks Chef for making things easier for us, condo moms, with this one-pot pasta meal. It’s yummy and family-friendly weeknight meal that is simple to prepare.
I promise you won’t have a sink full of dirty pots & pans when you’re done cooking. This took less than 30 minutes and it was ready on the dinner table. Anything to save time is a great thing, right?
One-Pot Cheesy Pesto and Vegetable Pasta
By Chef Len Santos-Ding
- 2 ½ to 3 cups broth or water
- 120 g Doña Elena Al Dente Spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1 cup (60 g) broccoli florets
- ½ cup (30 g) asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsps Doña Elena Pure or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup (80 g) green peas
- ½ cup Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce
- 3 Tbsps grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup greens (kale, arugula, malunggay leaves)
- Optional: 100 g peeled shrimps
- In a large pot, add 2 ½ cups broth, spaghetti, onions, broccoli, asparagus, garlic, and cherry tomatoes. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Drzizle with Dona Elena Olive Oil and set over high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, set the timer to 7 minutes. Toss once in a while using tongs.
- After 7 minutes, pasta should be almost cooked. If broth is drying out, add ½ cup more. Add peas and Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto. *You may add shrimps at this point if you wish.
- Once it’s done, adjust seasoning if needed. Toss in greens such as malunggay leaves. Add grated parmesan cheese.
♡ If you enjoyed this recipe, I’m sure you’ll love this too → Golden Quinoa and Bokchoy Salad